Website Carey Theological College
CORE FACULTY SEARCH
Biblical Studies, Assistant and Associate level
Historical or Biblical Theology, Assistant and Associate level
Carey Theological College invites applications for faculty positions at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level in the area of biblical studies (New or Old Testament), and theology (historical or biblical) in a full-time capacity for Sept. 1, 2020 appointment.
Carey Theological College is not your normal everyday seminary. We’re making strides to change the way the most promising ministry leaders and pastors worldwide learn theological education free from financial and geographic barriers. You’ll be leading our students to discover a deeper sense of who they are in Christ and prepare them to plant new churches, to revive dying ones, to expand life changing ministries around the world but most importantly to make disciples. We’re looking for creative faculty members who will push the boundaries of education and raise the bar for student formation. We’re looking for leaders who can take a hold to what God is calling Carey and play a significant role in advancing our many facets, not only in our academic area but perhaps with our student residence, retreat centre and/or partner engagement activities. If this excites you, we would love to hear from you.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Carey Theological College is an Affiliate College of the University of British Columbia. Carey offers graduate level theological education for pastors, missionaries and other Christian workers, primarily through our Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Carey’s faculty members are engaged in program and curriculum development, instruction, student formation, research and publication, and service to the College and to the larger church. Over the last twenty years, Carey has developed a robust global curriculum, delivered online and supported by a contextual mentorship program. Carey Theological College is an accredited evangelical seminary rooted in the Baptist tradition. Further information about Carey can be found at https://carey-edu.ca/
Applicants must have obtained a Ph.D., D.Phil, or Th.D in the relevant discipline, and must demonstrate a commitment to theological education, a heart for student formation, and competence in online teaching, research and publications. Applicants with competence in a secondary discipline, preferably applied theology, will be given priority consideration. While faculty members teach in their primary area of expertise, all faculty members are expected to have a thorough understanding of overall curriculum design and be able to collaborate with other faculty members to design and co-teach interdisciplinary courses. Basic qualifications include:
- Superior communication skills in both written and spoken English (additional language competency in Chinese or Spanish is an asset)
- Online teaching training or experience
- Christian and cross-cultural ministry experience
- A Christian life deeply connected to a local congregation and agreeable to the Canadian Baptist Statement of Faith and specific beliefs (https://cbwc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CBWC-Baptist-beliefs2019.pdf)
Rank and compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
If interested, please send the following to email@example.com. (Please place “Biblical Studies or Theology Core Faculty Application” in the subject line.). Deadline for Application: October 1, 2019 or until positions are filled
- a cover letter including why you are interested in and how you can contribute to the educational vision of Carey Theological College
- a current curricula vitae (please include ministry and/or pastoral and work experiences)
- a spiritual autobiography describing milestones in your journey of faith, call to ministry and current involvement in the church
- a theological position statement and personal code of ethics
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org