CAREY’S VISION IS TO EMPOWER FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN LEADERS FOR EVERY GENERATION, CULTURE, AND COMMUNITY.
Dear Friends of Carey,
As continue Carey Theological College’s legacy of ministry, I am thankful for the many years of support by you — our prayer partners, supporters and donors — who have so lovingly cared for what God is doing through Carey. Carey began as a Christian student residence at the University of British Columbia in 1959 and established a graduate theological college in 1980. Since then Carey has trained thousands of leaders in Canada and around the world who serve as pastors, missionaries, and lay leaders in local churches today.
May God’s richest blessings be upon you.
At Carey Theological College, our goal is to offer discipleship for every season of life. Carey believes that discipleship should be practically achievable, personal and accessible to everyone. We recognize that the world needs Christian leaders influencing our global communities to participate in what God is already doing in the world. Carey meets this need by focusing on two key areas:
Forming Pastors: All of Carey’s graduate ministry courses and accredited programs are offered online so our students can study and develop their faith wherever and whenever. With our unique financial model, our graduates experience the highest standards of academic excellence that effectively prepares them for ministry with little to no debt. Our interactive learning platform encourages active learning and deep engagement from students and instructors alike.
Discipling UBC Students: Carey’s residence is a safe home for undergraduates seeking to strengthen their faith in our Christian community during their studies at UBC. We charge affordable rates for a private room with bathroom and meals plus our unique student discipleship experience. A chaplain leads these students in Bible study, mentorship, spiritual retreats and social activities. As they graduate from UBC, they become Christian leaders in their chosen professions.
We value the Holy Scriptures – Old and New Testaments – as the inspired foundation of our beliefs, our worship and our discipleship. Carey is devoted to the study, interpretation, and proclamation of the Scriptures.
Jesus Christ is the unique son of God within the fellowship of the father and the spirit. He alone is Redeemer, Savior and Lord worthy of all worship and trust. Our College is devoted to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ both individually and as a learning community.
The Great Commission is the announcement of God's saving grace in Christ offered uniquely to all humankind. It's a call to discipleship and faithfulness for all Christ's follower. Mission is God's work as God invites us to participate. Go, teach, and baptize are the watchwords of the Carey Community.
The church is the body of Christ gathered by the Holy Spirit for worship, service, fellowship and witness. The church is open to all who trust in Christ as Savior and Lord and desire to lead lives worthy of the gospel. The church and the college hear the overarching words of Jesus; to love the Lord our God and to love our neighbour as ourselves.
We accept wholeheartedly the revelation of God given in the scruptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess that the Faith therein set forth, We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
1. The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
4. The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
7. The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
Carey Theological College is a graduate theological college and holds a charter from the Province of British Columbia to grant graduate theological degrees. Carey receives the Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation that meet or exceed quality assurance standards set by the Province of B.C.
CAREY IS AFFILIATED WITH
Carey Theological College's annual viewbook is for prospective students, donors and individuals looking to learn more about how Carey serves the Church and the world by preparing ministry leaders in various capacities.
CAREY COMMUNITY REPORTS