THEO 630 - CHRISTIAN ETHICS
WITH Ken RADANT
CLASS DATES: JUNE 24 - AUG 30, 2019
3 CREDIT HOURS
By means of this course you should gain an understanding of Christian ethics as disciplined reflection upon the life of the people of God as the fulfilment of our mission. Another way to think about this work is to understand ethics as the embodiment of the practical force of Christian convictions. We may think of this course as “missional theological ethics,” enabling us to be faithful to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish the discipline of “Christian ethics” from ethical systems and schools.
- Reflect upon God’s redemptive work in Christ as the source of corporate and personal living in specific areas of life.
- Practice biblically faithful ethical reflection and identify practices that will form us in Christ by the work of the Spirit to the glory of the Father and lead us further into life as the disciple community as witnesses to the good news of God’s work redeeming creation.
- Develop a hunger for God’s kingdom of justice and peace.
- Engage in dialogue on ethical issues with other Christians in a matter befitting Christian character and a proper understanding of the discipline of Christian ethics.
NOT A STUDENT?APPLY NOW ALREADY A STUDENT?LOG IN TO REGISTER