THEO 504 - THE GOSPEL IN A MULTI-CULTURAL, MULTI-FAITH WORLD
WITH ALLAN EFFA
CLASS DATES: MAR 25 - JUNE 7, 2018
3 CREDIT HOURS
This course introduces you to the perspectives and skills needed for effective ministry in intercultural contexts, with a focus on communication and conflict resolution. It also includes a brief survey of major religions and the challenges these present to communicating the Christian message.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of cultural intelligence.
- Develop a theoretical framework and basic competence for dealing with issues arising from cultural differences.
- Describe the major non-Christian religions and the challenges they present to the Christian communicator.
- Exhibit an appreciation for, and sensitivity to, cultural diversity within the church.
- Recognize and adjust your communication style to enhance your effectiveness in the communication of the Christian message.
NOT A STUDENT?APPLY NOW ALREADY A STUDENT?LOG IN TO REGISTER