Dr. Wil Rogan
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: PH.D. ABD
TEACHING AREA: BIBLICAL STUDIES (NEW TESTAMENT)
DEGREE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D New Testament, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
- M.A. New Testament (Highest Honors), Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, CA
- B.A. American Studies (Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa), University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
- “Purity in Early Judaism: Current Issues and Questions,” Currents in Biblical Research, 16.3 (2018): 309-339.
- with David J. Downs, “‘Let Us Teach Ourselves First to Follow the Commandment of the Lord’ (Pol. Phil. 4.1): An Additional Note on ‘the Commandment’ as Almsgiving,” New Testament Studies, 62 (2016): 628-36.
- “Toward a Christian New Testament Theology: A Response to Thomas Hatina,” Journal of Theological Interpretation, 9.1 (2015): 117-126.
- Bennett, Thomas Andrew. Labor of God: The Agony of the Cross as the Birth of the Church. (Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2017); Biblical Theology Bulletin (2020).
- Peterson, Brian Neil. John’s Use of Ezekiel: Understanding the Unique Perspective of the Fourth Gospel. (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015); Review of Biblical Literature (2017).
- Deines, Roland. Acts of God in History: Studies towards Recovering a Theological Historiography. Edited by Christoph Ochs and Peter Watts. (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 317; Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2013); Review of Biblical Literature (2015).