SPIR 690 - LEADING SPIRITUAL FORMATION MINISTRIES
WITH LES BIGGS
CLASS DATES: MAR 25 - JUNE 7, 2018
3 CREDIT HOURS
An important focus of the Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation program is to prepare persons to offer leadership in spiritual formation in congregations and other settings. This course provides guidance on how to design, implement, assess and reflect on spiritual formation initiatives. The focus of this course will be to lead spiritual formation ministries in a congregational context. The MASF Practicum will provide an opportunity to lead spiritual formation ministries in other contexts.
At the conclusion of this course, you will:
- Be conversant with some critical concepts on why change is challenging and how to lead people through the transitions that change requires.
- Strengthen your understanding of the possibilities and processes of lasting transformation in the life of a Christian and a congregation.
- Be more aware of your own leadership issues as you lead others in a shared intimacy with God;
- Gain skills in your ability to envision, plan, lead and assess spiritual formation ministries for the purpose of facilitating transformation and sharing in the mission of God.
- Develop a specific plan and process for shaping Spiritual Formation ministry within a congregation
NOT A STUDENT?APPLY NOW ALREADY A STUDENT?LOG IN TO REGISTER