Website Carey Theological College
CORE FACULTY SEARCH
Carey Theological College invites applications for faculty positions at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level in the area of biblical studies (New or Old Testament), and theology (historical or biblical) in a full time capacity for September 1, 2021 for a three-year renewable term appointment.
Carey Theological College is not your normal everyday seminary. We’re making strides to change the way the most promising ministry leaders and pastors worldwide learn theological education free from financial and geographic barriers. You’ll be leading our students to discover a deeper sense of who they are in Christ and prepare them to plant new churches, to revive dying ones, to expand life changing ministries around the world but most importantly to make disciples. We’re looking for creative faculty members who will push the boundaries of education and raise the bar for student formation. We’re looking for leaders who can take a hold to what God is calling Carey and play a significant role in advancing our many facets, not only in our academic area but perhaps with our student residence, retreat centre and/or partner engagement activities. If this excites you, we would love to hear from you.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Carey Theological College is an Affiliate College of the University of British Columbia. Carey offers graduate level theological education for pastors, missionaries and other Christian workers, primarily through our Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Carey’s faculty members are engaged in program and curriculum development, instruction, student formation, research and publication, and service to the College and to the larger church. Over the last twenty years, Carey has developed a robust global curriculum, delivered online and supported by a contextual mentorship program. Carey Theological College is an accredited evangelical seminary rooted in the Baptist tradition. Further information about Carey can be found at https://carey-edu.ca/
Applicants must have obtained a Ph.D., D.Phil, or Th.D in the relevant discipline, and must demonstrate a commitment to graduate theological education, a heart for student formation, and competence in online teaching, research and publications. Applicants with competence in a secondary discipline, preferably applied theology, will be given priority consideration. While faculty members teach in their primary area of expertise, all faculty members are expected to have a thorough understanding of overall curriculum design and be able to collaborate with other faculty members to design and co-teach interdisciplinary courses. Priority will be given to candidates who can also serve in our undergraduate Christian residence. Basic qualifications include:
- Superior communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Online teaching training or experience
- Christian and cross-cultural ministry experience
- A Christian life deeply connected to a local congregation and agreeable to the Canadian Baptist Statement of Faith and specific beliefs (https://cbwc.ca/about/) and (https://cbwc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CBWC-Baptist-beliefs2019.pdf)
Rank and compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Deadline for Application: January 8th, 2021 or until positions are filled. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If interested, please submit your application with the following below via https://forms.gle/DSBubcDpxXQ9KyTm7.
- a cover letter including why you are interested in and how you can contribute to the educational vision of Carey Theological College
- a current curriculum vitae (please include ministry and/or pastoral and work experiences, courses taught, courses you are able to teach, and areas of research interest.)
- a spiritual autobiography describing milestones in your journey of faith, call to ministry and current involvement in the church
- a statement of theological position
- a 5 minute video presentation, in English, briefly introducing yourself and why you would like to teach at Carey
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com