DR. AMY J . CHASE
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: PH.D.
TEACHING AREA: BIBLICAL STUDIES (OLD TESTAMENT)
Dr. Chase joined the faculty of Carey Theological College in August 2020, having previously taught Bible courses at Drew University and Seton Hall University, both located in New Jersey, USA. Amy earned her Ph.D. from Drew University, analyzing Proverbs 31 from a socio-narratological perspective. She specializes in the Old Testament, especially its wisdom literature and narratives. She is also interested in theories of interpretation, including communal approaches.
DEGREE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. Graduate Division of Religion, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, 2019. Bible and Cultures concentration. Graduated with distinction.
- M.A. Biblical Studies and Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California (Seattle, Washington campus), 2010.
- B.A. English Literature, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois, 1992.
- “Locating a Woman of Worth: An Examination of Space and Gender Construction in Proverbs 31.” In Making Gender in the Intersection of the Human and the Divine. Edited by Muhammad Shafiq and Thomas Donlin-Smith: 7-24. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2019.
- 2019 “Selling Sojourn: Jacob in Egypt as Diaspora Discussion.” Hebrew Studies (accepted for publication).
- 2011 “From Frenemies to Friends Indeed: My Transformed Relationship with Ephesians 5:21-33.” Mutuality Magazine